I have been trying out this great egg replacement I saw on the Deliciously Organic website. We were low on eggs in our house and we wanted to make a small batch of chocolate chip cookies. Since the gelatin egg replacement had worked out good in another recipe, I decided to try out in a chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Yields 10 to 12 cookies
- 2 1/2 teaspoons unflavored, grass-fed gelatin
- 6 tablespoons hot water
- 1/3 cup coconut flour
- 1/4 cup coconut oil, melted
- 2 Tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350. Place the gelatin and hot water in NutriBullet or similar gadget. Mix for about 10 seconds. The mixture will turn white and frothy.
- Add coconut oil, honey, vanilla, salt, baking soda, and coconut flour to the NutriBullet. Mix for another 10 to 20 seconds.
- If the batter is warm from mixing wait until cooled to stir in chocolate chips.
- Bake for about 20 minutes.
- Store any leftovers in the fridge
The egg replacement recipe is from the Deliciously Organic site http://deliciouslyorganic.net/best-egg-replacement-baking/
Here is what the gelatin looked like after mixing with the water.